Last night was the EDDA night. The EDDA are the Icelandic "Oscars". This year "Grand Prix" went to Ragnar Bragarson's film Foreldrar (parents). This film is in fact the second chapter of a cinematographic diptych which started with the film Börn (children). Last year's big winner was Mýrin: the screen adaptation of Arnaldur Indriðason best-seller thriller Jar City. Mýrin should be reprensenting Iceland at this year's Oscar in the Best Foreign-Language Film category.
Here is a little (and surely non-exhaustive) list of Icelandic films you may consider renting:
- Nói Albínói from director Dagur Kári (watch trailer...)
- 101 Reykjavík from director Baltasar Kormákur (watch extract...)
- A little trip to heaven from director Baltasar Kormákur (watch trailer...)
- Mýrin from director Baltasar Kormákur (watch trailer...)
- Börn from director Ragnar Bragarson (watch trailer...)
- Foreldrar from director Ragnar Bragarson, trailer below...
Weather outside: rainshower, 6°C